[SEL] Member's Sites on Oldengine.org - IMPORTANT

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 01:55:55 PST 2006

On 2/19/06, Paul Pavlinovich <pjp at steamengine.com.au> wrote:
> The server probably has FrontPage Extensions turned on - that will create them everywhere regardless if an individual
> person uses FrontPage or not.
>
> It is a micro$oft thing... supply the functionality even to those who do not need or want it. Prepare to be assimilated.
>
> Regards
> Paul

Hi Paul:

FP as far as I know only makes copies of configuration information,
not complete duplicate copies of every file on the site, that is what
I was alarmed about. It also saves thumbnails etc., and there are
genuine FP folders in the Oldengine main directory, 3 or 4 of them
IIRC.

I haven't had time to look at every individual's sites on
Oldengine.org, but as time permits I will have a random trawl through
and see if any sites exhibit any unusual activity or file structures.

I have deleted all my duplicates, took just over an hour to run right
through, but I had a revised main menu page to upload as well so not
completely wasted time :-))

No word from Greg (techie guy) yet.

Peter
--