[SEL] Member's Sites on Oldengine.org - IMPORTANT

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 12:21:33 PST 2006

On 2/18/06, Aenus McShite <aenus_mcshite at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> It is a frontpage thing. See:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011520671033.aspx

Thanks for that:

As you have possibly missed the other conversations that have gone on
from the Oldengine List, we now know that the folders are not put
there by Frontpage, the files contained in the folders are a complete
duplicate set of the parent folder and there are no other Frontpage
configuration files that you would normally find with a 'genuine'
Frontpage installation.

I don't use Frontpage at all, yet every one of the 50 folders on my
site has a complete duplicate set of files, nearly 1gb of extra space
and nearly 16,000 files.

It looks as though either the Oldengine server has had a hiccup, or
someone else has got something horribly wrong and it has somehow
changed everyone else's folders in the subsequent meltdown.

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes
Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com