[SEL] Casting process

Andrew tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
Fri Feb 17 11:39:26 PST 2006

I do mostly aluminum casting on a smaller scale with a propane
fired crucible furnace and using greensand in the molds. Not really much
to see when your actually pouring the metal in the mold. If I have a
pattern ready it usually takes me about an hour to prepare the mold, and
about 20 - 30 minutes from a cold furnace to pouring temperature. If
enough people are interested i'll take some pictures during different
stages and post them on the website. Here's a link to my other site that
shows more pics of my furnace and some aluminum ingots being poured.
http://www.netpluscom.com/~10730/foundry.html
Andrew.

tech at andrew2.netpluscom.com
engineering at andrew2.netpluscom.com