[SEL] Happy Birthday Patrick - Cider mill

Mick DeMaria bmvid at snet.net
Mon Feb 13 04:24:23 PST 2006

   Our group restored a cider mill last year. Fun project!! It features
a hydraulic press and conveyer to transport the apples to the grinder.
The orchard owner said it was originally steam powered and later
converted to electric. We are told it is one of several that were built
by an inventor in Bristol,CT around 1901.

  Here are some "Before" pictures:
     http://www.oldengine.org/members/demaria/ciderpress/
Here it is in action at our fall show in Haddam,CT:
     http://www.oldengine.org/members/demaria/tvf/

  Mick DeMaria