[SEL] OT- getting something from Idaho to Iowa

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Fri Feb 10 09:32:24 PST 2006

One of these days, I'll come up with something helpful and engine related
to contribute, in the meantime, sorry for another OT post about getting
thins moved across the US.
I'm looking into buying a small car that's in north-central Idaho.
Looks like a 2 day journey at the least, not to mention lots of gas, etc.
through the truck pulling my crazy heavy flatbed.

What are the options, short of driving it back since I'd have to drive out
there and that would mean leaving a car there! And it's not been driven
far in years so I'd rather not chance that yet.

Shipping it? Who does this? What's the cost?

Anyone else heading this way from there with an empty trailer? Maybe
someone will be on an engine or tractor run?

The price on the car isn't too awfully bad so IF I do decide to purchase
it, it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to say I could pay to get it done
- and the gas and cost of me doing it would be saved/offset. I figure a
couple hundred in gas is what it would take just to get my rig out there.

Bill
Runnells, Iowa