[SEL] Buzz Saw Questions

Michael Tucker oldironnut at alltel.net
Tue Feb 7 13:47:50 PST 2006

Howdy all,

Luke, GREAT pictures of you and your working saw rig!  Those pictures
reminded me that I need to ask for some advise from the group.  I am
putting together a buzz saw rig and I need some advise.  The engine
that will power the rig is a 1907 4 hp, screen cooled IHC Famous and
the saw rig cart originally had a 5 hp Witte on it, probably original
from the factory as a unit.  My question has to do with the belt
setup.  The Famous will have a clutch pulley on it and the saw rig
table has the pulley on the saw arbor.  I can't find any signs of a
bracket to mount a belt tensioner/idler pulley on the cart.  With
this type of setup, do I need one?  Opinions please!

Thanks,
Mike