[SEL] Converting Film to Digital

Jeff Allen transteck at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 6 16:47:12 PST 2006

Hi Rick,

You can do it yourself if you have lots of time. A magic box like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7587320964&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1
an old projector, and a camcorder with tripod will get it done. From the
camcorder it goes to the computer and lots more work there. Once done
you will have your DVD.

The other option is a film transfer service. I did a lot of checking a
few years ago. It can get real expensive. All depends on how many feet
of film you have. Prices vary greatly. Here are a couple e-bay links for
the service.
http://cgi.ebay.com/SUPER-8-Home-MOVIE-film-Prof-digital-TRANSFER-to-DVD_W0QQitemZ7585605761QQcategoryZ15255QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Super-8-mm-8mm-Film-Transfer-to-DVD-no-projector_W0QQitemZ7586438521QQcategoryZ15255QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A google search using film to tape, or film to DVD will get you a lot of
places that do this also.

Jeff

Jeff Allen
Arvada, Colorado, USA