[SEL] Wells Index, Muskegon, MI.

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Mon Feb 6 07:18:32 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com
[mailto:sel-bounces at lists.stationary-engine.com] On Behalf Of Listerdiesel
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 6:01 AM
To: The SEL email discussion list
Subject: Re: [SEL] Wells Index, Muskegon, MI.

Snip

I picked up a nice little Gorton milling machine for beer money last
week, but it has a non-standard quill taper, and apparently the best
course of action is to get it converted to Bridgeport R8 standard,
which makes lots of tooling available.

Our bigger mill has Int40 tooling and the Gorton quill won't allow
that size of taper (or a 30Int) but R8 is pretty small and Wells Index
have done similar jobs before.

I'm awaiting a response from them, when I have that I'll update you further.

Mill is on ebay: #7585144623

Have a look at the Gorton website while you are there:

http://gorton-machine.org:8080

Peter

Peter, you did well; the price was right, that's for sure!

Best regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger
Colton, Washington, USA