[SEL] Wells Index, Muskegon, MI.

Listerdiesel listerdiesel at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:00:35 PST 2006

On 2/6/06, Luke Tonneberger <flywheelin at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> I have not dealt with them or heard of them, but I live about an hour away.
> If I can help let me know.
>
> Luke Tonneberger

Thanks, Luke and Orrin.

I picked up a nice little Gorton milling machine for beer money last
week, but it has a non-standard quill taper, and apparently the best
course of action is to get it converted to Bridgeport R8 standard,
which makes lots of tooling available.

Our bigger mill has Int40 tooling and the Gorton quill won't allow
that size of taper (or a 30Int) but R8 is pretty small and Wells Index
have done similar jobs before.

I'm awaiting a response from them, when I have that I'll update you further.

Mill is on ebay: #7585144623

Have a look at the Gorton website while you are there:

http://gorton-machine.org:8080

Peter
--
Peter A Forbes