[SEL] Antifreeze

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Dec 13 14:54:51 PST 2006

Yep the stuff I use on the track is called "Water Wetter" it is a
surfactant that breaks the surface tension and makes the water into a
good cleaner. It also allows the tire to get a better grip after you
heat them up.

bill at antique-engines.com wrote:
> Yes, I left out the word cooling ahead of effeciency. Absolutely.
> Good to clarify.........
>
> How a bout a wetting agent?
> Some racers use that as a lot of strips won't allow antifreeze on their
> tracks.............pure water with some sort of wetting agent or
> something...
>
> Bill
>
>> On 13/12/06, bill at antique-engines.com <bill at antique-engines.com> wrote:
>>> Shoot, that's as common as an adjustable wrench around here!
>>> I grew up using them - tested all the family cars each fall when I was a
>>> kid.
>>> You can get them even in the grocery stores around here in the same
>>> section you buy the oil and funnels.
>>>
>>> The most common antifreezes were use where I live should be a 50-50 mix,
>>> you lose effeciency if stronger, and it won't protect cold enough if
>>> weaker.
>>>

>>> Bill
>> Bill, hope you won't mind me mentioning/correcting that it is the
>> COOLING efficiency that you lose if the antifreeze solution is too
>> strong.
>>
>> I am currently helping to sort out a big Nordberg diesel in Bryan,
>> Ohio that seems to have cooling problems, that has a 40% solution of
>> antifreeze.
>>
>> Peter
>> --
>> Peter A Forbes
>> Email: listerdiesel at gmail.com
>> Web: www.oldengine.org/members/diesel

Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.