[SEL] Henry Ford Plans

John Culp johnculp at chartertn.net
Mon Dec 4 20:29:42 PST 2006

I read online, with a brief Google search, that these things have been
propagated by feeding the fruit to cattle and collecting the recycled
seeds with a diaper attachment of sorts on the bovines. The digestive
process activates the seed for germination. Just passing along what I
read. It was on the Net, so it must be true!

John

On Dec 4, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Bill Brueck wrote:

> While we're on these Osage Oranges, as I know them, does anybody know
> how to
> get a crop going?
>
> I tried drying out a few seeds and planting them, nothing came up.
>
> So I bought some seeds from a nursery and planted them.  Same result.
>
> Can't be all that difficult.  Just keep trying?

John Culp
Bristol, Tennessee, USA