[SEL] Re: Stover engine

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 29 11:40:57 PDT 2006

Hello John,

Thanks so much for the information but if the pictures below is the engine
everyone is talking about then the latch arm is the wrong one for my engine.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2006FranklinGrove/30.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Shows/2006FranklinGrove/31.jpg

Here is an actual picture of the head on my engine that is missing the latch
arm, note that the pivot pin that the missing arm will pivot on is located
at one end of the head and not in the center:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/2456860120049103604XiXPmT
http://community.webshots.com/photo/163076625/2690034210049103604gnGyUt

John this is why I feel the arm must be of the design shown on this Stover
head:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/87694314/1088097993049103604waQDjh

Have you ever seen a Stover head with this design latch arm on it? I have
been told that this latch arm was on a Model W or T Stover.

Thanks for all of the help.

Paul