[SEL] Auction finds

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Aug 27 18:08:26 PDT 2006

Yeah Ron, the very one. Scary ain't the word for the way that thing is
setup. Don't worry, if I need to clear brush it will be with my weedeater or
a bushog. I don't know how many companies built those but either not many
wer made or very few have survived. The reason I wanted it was to compliment
our chainsaw collection---over 40 at last count. It is a nice original piece
with pretty good paint an decals. I'll probably get it running and leave it
alone for now---I'm in the middle of a very long tractor restoration that
will be gearing back up come fall.

As for the Reo---bought the mower for $5. When I first started messing with
antiques about 20 years ago they were real popular at engine shows---same
for cast iron Briggs, Clinton, Pincor and Continental engines. Don't see
them around much anymore. Personally I like to see the restored reel mowers.
There were quite a few manufacturers and they were painted up rather nicely.

John