[SEL] 7 hp Economy

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sat Aug 19 12:52:51 PDT 2006

Rick,

 My 1925 7hp Economy came with a Wico PR but I have had numerous problems
over the years keeping it running on the PR.  Ted Rebuilt it twice and I have
fooled with some it too. It gave me a fit a couple of months ago and have
switched back to an EK now and running fine.  They are great running engines.  Check
it out, near bottom of engine page, sitting on trailer.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/Index.htm

I am sure the V grooves were cut by some previous owner, and the crank guard
I am not sure of either. Just now a quick look at Glenn's Hercules book notes:
 "By the early 1920's, sheet metal crankcase enclosures were available for
all size engines up to 7hp."  Maybe they were extra and therefore not many
ordered due to additional cost and OSHA was not around!

Taking mine in a few minutes to the car crusie-in at the local mall for a fun
evening.  All these beautiful cars with $10,000 paint jobs sitting there
doing nothing, and my piece of junk is the only thing there running!!!  Millie has
to drag me to the truck way after dark as all these folks standing around
asking what is it, how does it run, what does it do, etc?????

This evening has to almost on the same entertainment plateau as being at
Portland!  HA!

Life is good!

Tom Schmutz
Concord, Va. USA