[SEL] Maytag Engine - Need Help

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Tue Aug 15 05:06:05 PDT 2006

That IS a cute little critter!
I bet 36" tires would take some of the bump out and make it run smoother.
Seriously, a bump, eh - well, what if gas is sloshing around and getting
up into the crankcase and flooding it out?
Or, perhaps it's a jar on the checkvalve and letting the gas not stick up
in the fuel pickup tube and letting it starve?
I'd wonder about putting a different sort of checkvalve in place. Perhaps
a different style?
OK, scientists - would a ball with heavier mass cause more problems or less?
What about a lighter ball that would not get jarred?
Or a disk type check?

Bill