[SEL] De-rust chemical? Your thoughts.....

cgandree at mchsi.com cgandree at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 14 04:30:31 PDT 2006

Bill,
Ive been using Evapo rust for sometime now with very very good results.  Works
very well with rusty cast iron stuff.  I ve got a couple 5gal pails of it and
will place hard to remove rusty stuff in one over night and wa-la the next day
all you do is wash the item off with water and it looks like brand new.  Its
non-toxic and no special protections necessary but I wear rubber gloves mainly
to prevent hands from getting the black residue off from handling after
soaking and washing.  Down side is it isn't cheap!  But works well!  If you
got any other questions give me a shout.
Curt Andree