[SEL] More help needed

Steve Gray segray at mlode.com
Fri Aug 11 09:17:58 PDT 2006

Hi All -

   I've gotten involved with the possible repairs of a common John Deere
1.5 HP E and wonder if anyone of the list has a Deere mag currently
pulled apart? I need the orientation of the woodruff key in the armature
shaft to the countersunk screw holes in the pot metal end plate of the
armature. This one's been in trouble and spun the shaft in the pot metal
casting losing both the mechanical attachment and the timing position.
The fix is fairly simple, but I need the key position right for the mag
timing. Any help is greatly appreciated. Picture at
http://www.oldengineshed.com/snapshots/deere1.jpg. Many thanks in advance!

- Steve

--
Steve Gray