[SEL] I have a question and this does not pertain to the list

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Aug 7 11:00:02 PDT 2006

Lyle,
  The 98 has relay controlled lights. They can be a PIA to wire around
because of the way they are set up to work.
The multifunction switch itself is about 40 bucks without cruise and 64
with cruise. They are also available from many salvage yards even
cheaper (Usually you can buy the complete column without the steering
wheel for less than just the switch). They are not real hard to change
out if you have some mechanical ability. The biggest challenge is the
connector for the cable itself.

Where are you located? Maybe there are some folks nearby who could give
you a hand if you don't want to attempt it yourself.

http://car-part.com/index.htm
Check on there and see if a yard close by has something in stock.