[SEL] Re: SEL Digest, Vol 29, Issue 5

Jerry Evans jerrye at databak.co.za
Sat Aug 5 11:14:08 PDT 2006

At 06:00 PM 05/08/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 4
>Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 10:56:25 +0100
>From: Jim French <fbi at insulate.co.uk>
>
>Hi Folks
>
>Been a bit quiet of late, due to all sorts of factors, such as work
>(bleugh!), holidays and entertaining foreign guests for whom "Jim &
>Dolly's" comes pretty high up on the itinery!
>The last guests were Kerry and Ruth Morris, who spent a few days with us
>between their tour of the British Isles and Italy.  We did some of the
>local canal stuff with them, and also visited Stamford, home of the
>Blackstone, and they left here with camera chips empty and laundry done
>ready for the next stage of their marathon journey.
>So, I've been updating our website since then.  My webbing speed is
>somewhere between that of Patrick and Arnie, so I've added pages for the
>1000 Engine Rally 2005 and 2006, plus a great show we visited in
>Cornwall with Arnie - they can be found at
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/dolly/shows.htm
>Plus there's a page for Jim's new toy, a Ransoms crawler, at
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/dolly/mg.htm
>And finally, one for the engine Jim is currently working on at
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/dolly/unknown.htm
>Any ideas of what it is?
>Enjoy at your leisure!
>Dolly

Hello Dolly,
         Thanks for the pics - that crawler is really a nice toy - just
what I'd love. What engine does it have - is it English or Yank (the engine) ?
         That small "mystery engine" looks like something built by a guy in
Newcastle Aus. - I'm sure you know who I mean :-)

         As far as web pages go I'm in the same boat as you - just putting
the finishing touches to a few pages from shows that happened last year -
oh well - better late than never. Just don't try to compete with Patrick.
Although he denies it - I'm convinced that he has someone in the car with
him on the way back from a show doing it on a laptop and uploading via
satellite. Then when he gets home and writes a quick note to the Lists.  :-)

Keep the revs up (or down)
Jerry Evans
Tel. (016) 365-5787
Visit our website for old engines in South Africa.
www.oldengine.org/members/evans

---