[SEL] Re: Venn-Severin engine

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 3 13:34:41 PDT 2006

The SIAM club owns a 2 cylinder V-S and it works just like this one.  Ours
also drives generator via V-belt.  The torches are lit and heat a piece of
metal rod (hot tube) in the cylinder head to aid in starting.  I believe
that there are also electric glow plugs that were probably used when
exercising the generator.  An air line is hooked up to the engine.  There is
a lever on the the engine.  You push the lever to let air into the cylinders
for starting.  When the engine fires you release the lever to the run
position.  When you want to stop the engine you pull the lever until it
stops turning.