[SEL] Venn-Severin engine

Peter Scales peter at loud-n-clear.net
Wed Aug 2 06:21:15 PDT 2006

Hi Rick

I would think that is a glow plug rather than a spark plug, to aid cold
starting by providing a "hot spot" in the cylinder head.  It would have
worked by resistance heating of an element inside the cylinder head.  The
hand wheel is a bit more unusual, but I would guess either a decompression
valve, or a variable compression device to alter the overall compression
ratio.  Something similar is seen on the Lister C/S engine series.

Regards

     Pete
--
Peter Scales