Spam/Phish> RE: [SEL] RE: Castings/now hot bulb engines

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Apr 29 00:18:41 PDT 2006

I have a pair of multi-grips in the tool box for grabbing the fuel valve if
it happens to misbehave. Blocking the induction tube will sometimes stop an
Austral or Blackstone and (if you are feeling strong) holding open the
exhaust or air valves (or both if you have help).
It is amazing how much speed the engines can pick up and how long it takes
for those flywheels to slow down again!
Thankfully my 3.5hp Austral has not played the fuel-valve trick but I keep
my eye on it.

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html