[SEL] OT Galvanized Boat Trailer

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Fri Apr 28 07:43:08 PDT 2006

This is very OFF TOPIC, but if anyone has an answer it will most likely be
someone on one of the  engine lists.

While cleaning the boat after taking it out of the lake last fall muratic
acid dripped on the fenders of the galvanized trailer which promptly ate a
strip of the galvanized surface off.  Is there product that I can use to
repair the cosmetic damage?  The paint store personnel had no
recommendations.  I wonder if there is a galvanizing repair kit that someone
may be aware of.  I am selling the boat and would like to repair the damage.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the
USA, where both life and I move slowly.