[SEL] Castings

Patrick M Livingstone pml1 at bigpond.net.au
Wed Apr 26 06:21:15 PDT 2006

While we are on the subject of castings I finally have a new hot bulb for my
Blackstone. The original was severely cracked so was cut in half for a
pattern maker to make a pattern:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/blackstone/04062614.JPG
The final casting is very good and only need machining:
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/blackstone/06042505.JPG
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/blackstone/06042506.JPG
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/blackstone/06042507.JPG
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/myengines/blackstone/06042508.JPG

If anyone is interested the next big casting project is the fuel-tank/base
to suite 2hp & 3hp Hornsby Oil Engines. This is a big, heavy casting but if
you know of anyone here in Oz who needs one let me know as the more that are
cast the cheaper they will be. So far there are five being cast!

Patrick M Livingstone
Leichhardt NSW
http://www.oldengine.org/members/pml/Index.html
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pml/