[SEL] Re: Castings/now hot bulb engines

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Wed Apr 26 07:45:23 PDT 2006

Patrick,
I recall your post of this hotbulb cut in half a while back. For those
of us that have not had the joy of tinkering with hot bulb engines yet,
could you explain what the passages and ports are? What the burner bears
on (heats)? What each of the threaded parts are connected to? What the
jacket is for? Etc.
Yes, we saw hotbulbs on engines while we were in Oz, but looking at the
outside of a hot bulb makes it look deceptively simple. Apparently there
is a lot going on inside. An explaination would be most helpful and
appreciated.
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC