[SEL] Pouring castings at the Tod Engine Works Class.

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Tue Apr 25 08:39:44 PDT 2006

Hi Curt,

While its unlikely that I'll ever do any castings, I am greatly enjoying
these "experience" posts.  When you look at large cast iron parts like
those that comprise the Tod engine and imagine that castings of this size
and much larger were routine day-to-day operations, you have to ask
yourself what would it take to do that today?  How many "tricks of the
trade" that were never written down, but were passed on man to man in the
foundary, have been lost and would need to be rediscovered.  Keep up the
good work and keep the stories coming.

See ya,  Arnie