[SEL] Trailer decking

Leroy oldengin at verizon.net
Thu Apr 20 17:43:57 PDT 2006

OK here is my .02........  Telephone poles are treated and work great for
decking and can be lighter weight and very durable. They can also be cut on
a 30 degree angle on the edge and over lapped to allow drainage and LESS gap
in the boards. One thing I learned is use limited bolts ( preferred 3/8 but
5/16 will work also) in your deck for many different reasons    (1) these
spots seem to rot first  (2) these are the spots that seem to catch on
everything you load  (3) they get in the road of the "ARNIE" tie downs, ok I
made that one up, but the other reasons are true