[SEL] Trailer decking and Tie Downs.

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Thu Apr 20 11:19:34 PDT 2006

Thank you one and all who responded to my inquiry.  It sounds like treated
2"x8"s are the way to go.

----------------------------------

Now that you have the decking figured out, how about tie downs.  Long
ago I saw a clever tie down.  I think it came from Daves son?  any
way it consisted of a hold drilled through the deck every where they
wanted a tie down.  UNDER each hole was fastened a pipe
flange.  Three links of chain were passed through the hole in the
pipe flange and the end links were clamped in a vice end to end and
deformed until round.

This setup gives a chain link that rests just below the surface of
the deck until needed. then it can be pulled up and used.

Frank

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
-- George Bernard Shaw