[SEL] Need Flywheel for 6 HP Tecumseh

Paul Maples paulmaples at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 19 20:06:23 PDT 2006

Folks I am still trying to get the old early 60's Troy-Bilt tiller going. I took the flywheel off of the engine yesterday to look at the points since I did not have any spark and I found that the magnets on the inside of the flywheel had come loose and were just hanging onto the flywheel by the magnetism. They were not even in the original place as you could see where they use to me.

I have taken some pictures of the flywheel and the ignition. I am also missing the metal points cover and the spring that holds the cover on. This is a HH60 6 Hp Tecumseh engine.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/2521269680049103604NiWHKO

The flywheel is 6-3/4" in diameter, approximately 2-3/4" thick measured from the end of one fin to the thickest part of the other side of the flywheel. The hole size at the front of the flywheel is 1/2" tapering up to 3/4" at the back. It is a cast iron flywheel.

If anyone has one that I could obtain from you I would appreciate it very much as well as the points cover and retaining spring to hold the cover on.

Many Thanks,

Paul