[SEL] Decking for trailer

Gary Epps garyepps at fidnet.com
Tue Apr 18 12:02:38 PDT 2006

It's time to replace the flooring on my engine/tractor hauling trailer.
After five years the original flooring is weak.  What is the preferred
decking material?  I have not thought much about metal, though that is
certainly an option.  Wood is generally more forgiving.  I am considering
treated 2"x 8"x16'.  Another possibility is oak from the local sawmill.  It
would be green and I wonder about the thickness after it is seasoned.  Any
recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
In the Ozark Mountains of southern Missouri in the south central part of the
USA, where both life and I move slowly.