[SEL] RE: Best method for cleaning engine crud?

Orrin Iseminger oiseming at moscow.com
Mon Apr 3 11:07:31 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: stationary-engine-request at oldengine.org
[mailto:stationary-engine-request at oldengine.org] On Behalf Of Curt
Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 10:23 AM
To: SEL; SEL (Oldengine.org)
Subject: Best method for cleaning engine crud?

Guys,
The 5HP Alamo is all stripped down to just its' base.

Snip

However, there are some areas that are still darned grimy.

Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC
P.S. Devin had a blast melting the babbitt out on Sunday. Here he is:
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/holland/images/Alamo/P1010044.jpg>

~~~~~~~~

I've used GoJo waterless hand cleaner.  On the linked page you can see
before and after pictures of a Jaeger that I cleaned with it:

http://users.moscow.com/oiseming/lc_ant_p/pic_Prj3.htm

I used the type of cleaner that did not contain pumice.   Compared to
solvents--even detergent and water--GoJo seems to be kinder to whatever
paint that remains.

Regards,

Orrin

Orrin Iseminger