[SEL] Delco help

Germoamer at aol.com Germoamer at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 12:14:01 PST 2006

I extracted the Delco light plant today from the mansion that my wife's
grandfather installed for the owner, while working at a hardware store sometime in
the early 1900's.  Pictures can be seen below.  This is the first time the
engine has seen daylight for at least 80 years and more than likely 90.

The unit is a 3KW unit and has the original muffler that hung outside the
building. There is a small plate on the switch panel and I was able to make our
that it is a 125 volt system, 1200 rpm, pat. Oct. 7, 190?  Another pat date
also but cannot make it out. A small tag riveted to the housing reads D666. This
is probably a serial number. Could someone date the engine for me?  Anyone
have a unit like this.  There is some linkage loose coming from the intake valve
that must have gone to the carb,  but something is missing.  Can take close up
pictures of this if needed.  Also the cover for the brushes is missing.  Any
help appreciated.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/Delco7
http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/Delco8
http://www.oldengine.org/members/schmutz/images/Delco9