[SEL] Re: A "New" Credit Card Scam OT

bill at antique-engines.com bill at antique-engines.com
Fri Sep 30 06:16:09 PDT 2005

The solution is more simple that you think:
No business, no bank, meaning eBay, PayPal, VISA, MC, Victoria's Secret,
WalMart, Microsoft, USBank, etc, etc, will EVER call, email or otherwise
contact anyone for information verification ever. Period.
As Red Green might say, and it's just that easy.

This means if anyone or any business, bank or other entity or individual
ever contacts you in any way or form whatsoever meaning phone, email,
letter/mail, etc and asks for any account information of any kind, it's
fraud.
Period.
If every US citizen could remember those simple facts, that sort of fraud
in this country would die down. Instead it increases because, well, you
know why!

Bill
Runnells, IA
security team, IVRS, Dept of Ed., State of Iowa