[SEL] Rita

kgw gwaugh at wowway.com
Fri Sep 23 19:19:47 PDT 2005

Pete, Thanks for the words---hope that is all it gets to.  I am the
first to admit that there is a terrible amount of over reaction to
everything after the Katrina fiasco, but then who knows.

I went through Hazel in North Carolina in 1954---don't even remember the
storm; I'm sure the folks kept us down in the basement.  Man, the
destruction was widespread!!  We were the only one in the area with a
dug well, so for the several weeks it took for power to be restored, we
were very popular!!

Please say to the family---and to hang on for the next 12 hours or so!

Thanks again,

Gene