[SEL] Rollag. (The Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion)

Frank DeWitt Frank at lbpinc.com
Thu Sep 22 07:46:47 PDT 2005

I haven't posted in a while, but I have been out here going to about 5
shows a year (showing at 3 of them) and having a good time.

This year we went out to Rollag.  (The Western Minnesota Steam Threshers
Reunion)  It is quite a trip from Upstate New York but it was well worth it.

These people are expecting a big crowd and they clearly know how to deal
with it.  A person on horse back directs your parking, a school bus is
right there to take you to the main gate.  From there, there is
transportation, things to do, and places to sit, to keep you busy for three
or four days.  (Admission was $10 for a day and $15 for 4 days.

This is not your typical engine or tractor show.  In fact, if you are only
interested in stationary engines or tractors then there are probably a
number of other shows for you.

If you enjoy all things that are big, mechanical,  dirty, and noisey  then
this is the place for you.  You can watch a nice hit and miss engine  pop a
long until an amusement park train (Live steam) blocks your view then walk
a few steeps and watch a Linotype produce hot lines of type from molten
lead.  They have set up a village with one of everything and a lot of
things for the wife and kids.

I guarantee you will see things you have never seen before.

I have set up a crude web site with 3 pages of pictures.  Caution, lots of
pictures at about 60k each view at your own risk.

http://lbpinc.com/Roolag.html

Frank

  Frank DeWitt

  Light plant WEB page
<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>http://www.oldengine.org/members/<http://www.oldengine.org/members/frank>frank
  Mechanical Design      mailto:frank at lbpinc.com
  LBP  INC.              Phone:  585 624 3052
  2365 Cox Rd.           Fax     585 624 1038
  Bloomfield NY 14469    Web   http://www.lbpinc.com