[SEL] Witte crash course.

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Wed Sep 21 13:15:57 PDT 2005

Curt,
    I had one like that, I think a 6 HP, several years ago.  It didn't
have a locking ring on it.  If you tightened it to the max (where you
were afraid you would break something if you tightened it any more) the
bottom of the carb would be pointing in the 4 o'clock position.  I
simply took a 2 inch (I think it was 2 inch at least) pipe tap and
slightly tapped it out.  I then got it to hang in the 6 o'clock position
as it should be.  The old engine ran nice.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY