[SEL] just off the subject of Cold Cut

jbcast at charter.net jbcast at charter.net
Tue Sep 20 10:40:34 PDT 2005

> What is a good method to cut corrugated iron sheet ,i.e. down the
> corrugations?

Peter, two 2X4s a little longer than the iron, space a 1/4" apart. Mark the iron and place over the gap in the boards. Here we use a "cane knife", a long thin knife with a blade twice the width of a machete, and tap it through the iron like a can opener. No dust, no cords, and very fast. I don't know if cane knives are available where they don't have sugar cane, don't know what they call them if you do have them.
J.B. Castagnos