[SEL] air blow off nozzle fix

Richard Allen linstrum55 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 22:28:59 PDT 2005

Hi, Paul,

If your air snozz does not have an internal spring-loaded pressure
reducer, take your nozzle apart and drill out the pin hole that
restricts the air. If it has a spring loaded pressure reducer, take the
guts out of it. Either that or make your own out of a male air chuck
quick disconnect tip screwed into a 3/8-inch brass ball valve with a
3/8-inch pipe plug screwed in the other side, drilled with your choice
of hole size through it for the air emitter tip. It won't be a spring
loaded push button job, but it won't emit just an anemic butterfly
fart, either. I have an old original WW2 era Chicago Pneumatic air
nozzle with a set of several screw-in tips with different sizes of air
holes. They range from probably a #60 drill size up to about 1/16-inch.
I use the 1/16-inch size for blowing lathe chips off the floor.

When I was a kid the barber we went to used an air blast nozzle to
clean us up when he was done clipping. If he had pointed it in
somebody's ear it would have blown out an eardrum, but he never hurt
anybody because he was careful and he didn't need OSHA or anybody else
to tell him what he could or could not do.