[SEL] stationary-engine -- 10th Anniversary 19 September

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Fri Sep 16 03:46:42 PDT 2005

I had no idea I was getting in on the ground floor of the list! I joined in
late 95 or so right after we acquired the Tod Engine but before any
dismantling work started in Sept. 1996.  It was Dave Rotigel who got the
ball rolling and convinced several list members that they needed to come to
Youngstown and help this young guy out, and because of the volunteers that
came from this list we were able to save the engine.   I've been a member
ever since.

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799
www.todengine.org

William Tod Co. 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Rolling Mill Engine
Historic Mechanical and Materials Engineering Landmark