[SEL] O.T. E-bay Dead Beats

Arnie Fero fero_ah at city-net.com
Fri Sep 9 08:06:16 PDT 2005

Hi Paul,

A couple of comments...

As you realize, you did do a whole series of really dumb things involving
money and strangers.  You're probably screwed, but there's no reason why
you can't have a little fun in the process.  Who knows, you might even get
your books back or get the money.

Give John Faccin a call.  Give him say three days to return your books.
And outline your "plan" below.  If he doesn't come through, go to it.  It
will take you a couple of days anyway to gather names and addresses
(although Dave Croft gave you a good start) and to compose your letters.

Write up the whole sequence of events.  Provide the info to ebay, your
local Postmaster, the Postmaster in Crystal Falls, MI, the Chief of
Police, the Mayor, each of the City Council Members, their local Chamber
of Commerce, their Better Business Bureau, all of the local Service Clubs
(Lions, etc.), all of the local churches, the Editors of the local papers,
etc.  You get the idea.  The gent is a thief and you'd like their help in
trying to set this miscreant back on the right path.  Be sure to copy John
Faccin on each mail.

Of course it's also possible that the bloke is a well known local shyster
and everyone will get a really good laugh out of how "Good Ol' John"
fleeced some dumb cracker on eBay.

It is also just possible that he is as inept as you have been on eBay and
that he REALLY wants to return your books but has lost your address when
he threw away the wrappers, he's lost your email addy when his computer
got fried by a virus so he can't search Google (which he forgot how to do
anyway) and he forgot his old eBay ID so he can't even look up the
auction to get your handle.  You get the idea...

And returning to eBay, yes there is a process for rejecting bids.
Refer to their pages of instructions for sellers.

See ya,  Arnie

Arnie Fero
Pittsburgh, PA
fero_ah at city-net.com