[SEL] Heat Treating Metal

Fuller & Johnson fuller_johnson at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 17:03:09 PDT 2005

It's called T1 steel, very nasty stuff.  I use it for wear strips on my dad's excavating equipment.

For Tommy's catch I would suggest 4140 steel.  It can be had pre-hardened but will need carbide tools properly machine it.

nick <nick at holden1.net> wrote:
Hi Tommy
if you have Hardox over their that will be a good type of steel to use
as it is very hard wearing i always use it when repairing digger buckets

Cheers!  NICK

Visit the home of Fuller & Johnson engines on the web!

"He who sees the other first already has half the victory."   Erich Hartmann

"Verloren ist nur, wer sich selbst aufgibt"  Hans Rudel