[SEL] need info on 1 HP Titan

Larry Anger junkmeister2002 at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 7 19:02:08 PDT 2005

HELP!! - today I became the new owner of a rusty heap of iron. I believe it to be a 1HP Titan. I knew the previous owner and he passed away last winter. Last night his widow called to see if I was interested in an engine. I went and looked but there was nothing but a bare block and base as well as a head that has seen better days. I scrounged around in the barn and after awhile found some of the pieces. My problem is I have no book to know what all the pieces should look like. The engine has been modified at sometime in it's life because the ignitor is cut off at the flange and a spark plug threaded in. The igniter trip linkage is gone and someone cobled up a Wico EK mag to it. I'm missing the cam gear which meshes with the crank gear. I found the cam which has two long rivets sticking out the side which looks like the gear was riveted to the cam. Does anyone know if there is a manual on line somewhere that I could get a few pictures from? I need to take another look through!
  the barn
 to find some more pieces. It's like lookiing for a needle in a haystack, literally. Thanks for any help you can offer. Larry Anger, Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada.