[SEL] Engineers

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Sep 5 16:35:25 PDT 2005

The big thing that I see as a citizen is a State blaming the Federal
government for things that were there own fault. The state was warned
repeatedly about the problems and failed to correct them. Now the state
is saying that it was because the Feds wouldn't give them the money.
BFD. If they KNEW there was a problem FIX IT, then bitch about it later.
Just like most of the rest of us in the real world have to do. Instead
of taking responsibility for themselves they start pointing fingers.

Personally I say let the city stay flooded. Maybe it will teach people
to STOP being stupid and building in areas they shouldn't build in the
first place. Same with folks who build homes on "100 year flood plains"
then whine when a flood wipes them out. DUH why do you think it's called
a FLOOD PLAIN. NOLA was built BELOW sea level, right next door to GUESS
WHAT!  AN OCEAN. Doesn't take anyone with any brains to figure out that
it is not a good idea. Then you get folks saying that engineers had
figured out how to keep it from flooding, These would be the same folks
who screwed up a few rather large rivers with "flood control" projects
which caused WORSE flooding. Yep sign me up to listen to that brain
trust. These are the same type of people who decide "we can build an
earthquake proof building", which then gets leveled by a large quake.
When asked, What happened? They say it was a larger quake than we
anticipated... REAL BRIGHT there.

Steve