[SEL] Charity Auction proceeds.

Judge Tommy Turner lcjudge at scrtc.com
Fri Sep 2 12:39:44 PDT 2005

    I think you're right, more engineers isn't the answer (spoken by one
who has an undergraduate degree in engineering).  Funding is the issue.
The corps of engineers stated several years ago that the levees around
New Orleans wouldn't hold and needed upgrading.  But, Congress didn't
fund it (spending money on such important things as the study of snails
in Alaska and the construction of a bridge costing half a billion that
serves less than 50 residents).  Now all of us will pay for it via our
tax dollars used in disaster aid and increased insurance premiums.

Tommy Turner
Magnolia, KY