[SEL] Q on engine at Portland

Curt curt at imc-group.com
Thu Sep 1 04:43:14 PDT 2005

Rick,
You got the answer on the compression release. I was surprised to see
this on such a small engine. Both my Alamo and Abenaque have compression
releases but they are 5 and 6HP respectively.
These air cooled engines are Reliable brand engines and I'd guess were
in the 1 to 1 1/2HP size range. Certainly not the size engine that would
need compression release. These were the first Reliable engines I'd ever
seen (there were 2 there this year) and they were in good company as
they were both displayed next to a 3 HP Stickney and a very rare 1 1/2HP
Stickney.
I'll try and get the captions added to my pictures this week. Got 'em up
quick to help Paul with his needed Portand fix ;-)
Guess you saw the Taylor vacuum engine. Those are pretty neat.....
Curt Holland
Gastonia, NC