[SEL] ATIS Charity Auction Contribution to Tod Engine

Rick Rowlands jrrowlands at neo.rr.com
Thu Oct 27 19:57:46 PDT 2005

Thanks so much for the contribution to the Tod Engine Foundation from the ATIS Charity Auction.

One of our goals for this year is electric service to the Tod Engine Heritage Park.  Ohio Edison quoted me a price of $2700 for their part of the work which includes poles and transformers.  With the ATIS contribution and another generous contribution from a SEL member we now have enough to have the power lines run to the property.

We are having a 480Y/277 volt 3 phase 4 wire service put in with enough amperage to run a 50kw induction melting furnace in addition to our normal load.

Thanks everyone for nearly a decade of support of this project.  Who would have thought when the original wrecking crew was being rounded up from the SEL nine years ago how far this engine project would progress.

Rick Rowlands
Tod Engine Foundation
2261 Hubbard Road
Youngstown, OH  44505
330-728-2799
www.todengine.org

William Tod Co. 34" x 68" x 60" Cross Compound Rolling Mill Engine
Historic Mechanical and Materials Engineering Landmark