[SEL] Muncie engine

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Tue Oct 11 07:09:05 PDT 2005

Arnie..do they "bar it over" to start it..or use a pony setup?  And does it
blow an oily mess?  The two stroke I've seen can kill misquitoes for miles
around.

  Just wondering what kind of injector was used on this ole girl...not
mechanically operated so It must just shoot a spray when fuel pressure
overrides the injector spring...at the correct time.

  So now after chatting with a guy last night, this is probably what's known
as a semi-diesel.  It doesn't have enuf compression to start, so an external
hot bulb must be used...am I correct?

Damn this is an exciting engine and probably once in a lifetime shot.  I'm
pretty sure he'll trade it for my Toyota pickup which I'm cleaning up today.
He does want it to stay in Montana and has made the statement several times:
"Rick, will you promise me, you'll get it running?"  I'm going to assume
it's stuck as he has nothing covering the intake and the bottom of the
flywheels are in the dirt...aaarghhh!!!

Well enuf fer now..

Rick