[SEL] Muncie engine

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon Oct 10 09:18:38 PDT 2005

Would like to correspond with anyone who has a big Muncie or anyone who
knows something about them..I'll try to explain this engine

2 cycle

No valves, just ports..altho there seems to be some sort of rubber flapper
gizmo, looking down the intake

Hot bulb

Single lunger

start with two horses and a "bar over"..damn and I just shot both my horses

BIG governor appears to adjust speed by increasing/decreasing length of
injector pump stroke..I dunno

The hot bulb lamp is there

Water cooled

Average sized Madison-Kipp oiler

What did it burn? diesel, kero, and is this an "Oil Engine?"

Thanks much gang...this one could cause THE BIG "D"

Rick