[SEL] Baraboo Show 2005

Steve Barr stevebarr at ameritech.net
Mon Oct 10 08:36:04 PDT 2005

Rob - Curt

They think that the sideshaft is an Alamo, but at the auction several
years ago, it was sold as an unknown.  They may have further identified it
since then.  There are some wild features on it.

http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Auctions/Baraboo2002/55.jpg
http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/images/Auctions/Baraboo2002/56.jpg

The second engine is a LaCrosse. (built prior to StaRite). Currenly owned
by Randy Ackley.  He had purchsed it at the Baraboo Swapmeet from another
collector in running condition.  I don't konw where my pics are of it from
that day.

Steve

--- cgandree at mchsi.com wrote:

Hi Rob,
The sideshaft is not a vary common engine and knew someone would ask but
as I  mentioned lost my pic list right after show and am suffering from
OMS....
Second engine request is a Starite, believe to be an early 5hp.  The owner
just got it back together after fishing out of a river.
regards,
Curt

Hi Curt,
Thanks for sharing those pictures.  They're nice.

Couple questions.  What are these two engines?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/470947666/470947666FTcacs

http://community.webshots.com/photo/470947622/470947622ZhHFov

Rob