[SEL] Interesting old advert....smoke stack?

peter ogborne jopeter at omninet.net.au
Thu Oct 6 01:21:43 PDT 2005

Yes Alan ...that would be correct . Perhaps the inverted cones created a
better venturi . The ejection of exhaust steam through the stack is the way
it was done here ....we also have it on a 1904 Ruston Proctor Portable Steam
Engine that we run here. Those opposing cones were a distinctive feature of
North American Locos.I would like to go to Buckley but it is in the other
hemisphere!